Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Sunday, November 9, 2008

winter sabbath in arlee

We spent the afternoon/evening with our dear friends Elon and Susie out on their farm in Arlee, MT. They are without hesitation two of the most fascinating people we have ever met and have been some of our dearest friends. Our friendship began in a rather obscure and unexpected manner when Adam, Elon and I happened to be at the same discussion group over Michael Moore's movie Sicko. Soon after, I joined Elon at Rocky Mountain Biologicals, Inc. as the new Office Manager, where I spend my days paying bills, managing our marketing system, and keeping Elon under control. 

So back to this evening...we met the Gilberts at about 3:30 up at their home (an old grainery) and immediately headed out on a beautiful hike up in the Mission Mountain Range in order to beat the dark. Our hour and half hike was followed by Elon and Adam slicing and saucing apples while watching Sunday night football and Susie and I began dinner preparations back at the grainery.  The Menu...Curried Chicken Soup, Kalamata Olive Bread and Olive Oil for dipping, Fresh Salad with Feta, Wine and a Dessert of fresh Apple Sauce, Carrot Cake, and Ginger Tea. Following dinner, Susie took us through her massive collection of art and textiles from their years of living/working in India, Africa, and Laos, among other places.




1 comment:

deni said...

So I figured out how to log in again so I don't have to be "anonymous"! This blog stuff is new to me, but I LOVE reading about the cool stuff you two do. What a beautiful day...hike, wonderful meal with wonderful people, and awesome baskets!