Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Celebrating in Style

We tried to plan out where we would end up on our anniversary, but for some reason the itinerary always put us at a different location: Zion, Bryce, Las Vegas, etc. We were pleasantly surprised when we found ourselves driving into the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on June 22nd. We were fully aware that the Lodge would be booked, probably with a 12 month waiting list, but we thought just being there on the edge of something so vast and awesome was celebratory. It only got better when we found out that they had one Frontier Cabin available due to a last minute cancellation! 

So we celebrated in style with a bottle of Grand Canyon Champaign, dried mangos, and turkey sandwiches, all enjoyed with a spectacular view. 

The following morning we hiked to the bottom of the canyon and back on the North Kaibab Trail. Ten grueling miles (5 straight down and 5 straight up), but incredible nonetheless.












2 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah! I am so proud of you... that looks like quite a hike, and an incredible anniversary. Get ready cause I'm coming to see you in DC.

Katie said...

Maggs and Adam- I have been reading your blog for a few weeks now and just love keeping up with your trip! I hope to get to see you when/if you're in Atlanta sometime soon. Or perhaps me and Al will have to make little DC visit when you get there:) Love your pics and miss you guys! Love, Katie Mo