Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

embracing domesticity

It is slightly embarrassing to admit my great excitement when we received our new vacuum in the mail, but alas, I am grown and quickly growing accustomed to the joys of adulthood.

Here she is...our gently purring, surprisingly powerful Electrolux.



2 comments:

wakeforestmama said...

Hi Maggie, it's Dawson, Wil's wife from Wake forest! Love that you are so excited about your vacuum. I'm slightly jealous as ours is a little difficult and never quite satisfies. I got a carseat (for wiley) for my 21st bday, and was SO excited. then i realized that my life had come to that...it was my 21st and i was getting a car seat. and i loved it.
you just have to embrace it! :-)
tell adam hello from the coopers! we would love to see yall if you ever are in winston!

Brandon and Whitney Nall said...

Mags, you are too cute with your new vacuum! By the way, been thinking about you lots and just wanted to say HI and I LOVE YOU!!!! Hope you and Adam have a wonderful weekend!