Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Full Disclosure

I have just come to the end of two amazing weeks spent with family and dear friends. I do feel the need to pay tribute to my dear husband who has spent the last week moving all of our things across the country and into our new home in D.C. while i have been lounging on the beach and dissolving my hideous tan lines. I still feel periodic pangs of guilt when I think about the endless hours he spent driving the U-Haul through the Midwest. 

Now, I am anxiously sitting in the Tampa airport, eager to get back to my best friend and my new home. It is still hard to believe that tomorrow I will wake up in the heart of a very big city with very cool things to explore. 

p.s. We do have an extra bedroom, so if you are in the area, please come and stay with us!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am hoping we can find the time while you are there to visit!

Mamo said...

ummm I check for updates all the time!!!!!????!!!!

:)