Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Saturday, January 16, 2010

It has been a heavy couple of days. News of the earthquake outside of Port Au Prince was especially disturbing considering that my brother had returned from doing medical work in that city just two days before it hit and Anna, his girl:), was still stationed at the clinic. We all felt helpless as we made a multitude of desparate attempts to track Anna's whereabouts. After 7 anxious hours, Pat finally got through to her cell phone for just a couple of seconds but long enough to know that she had made it through. Although we rejoice with Anna's safe return, it is hard to form a proper response to the terror and despair that has filled Port Au Prince.



No comments: