Partly because many of you have been asking and partly because I am starting to lose my mind, I have brainstormed up an ongoing list of our favorite things to do while barricaded at home. W are more than open to suggestions.
1. Sleep until we are no longer tired
2. Enjoy coffee and a book by the kitchen window
4. Begin and actually finish books just because I want to
5. Make delicious homemade Leek Pea and Sauerkraut Soup (recipe is courtesy of the Wednesday Chef)
7. Watch countless movies on netflix (Recommendations: Food Inc., The Visitor, 30 Rock)
9. Play in the snow until we have so much snow up our shirts and down our shoes that we can't bear the cold anymore.
8. Read through my favorite foodie blogs (Wednesday Chef, Smitten Kitchen, In Praise of Leftovers, etc.) and think of all of the delicious things i could make if only I could make it to the market.
9. Plan out our garden for this coming spring.
10. Research how to get a license for chickens in the state of maryland.
11. Bundle up and take walks around the neighborhood, enjoying the quite of a world with no cars.
All in all, we are thankful for the snow, the quite, each other, and the chance to be still.