Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Friday, May 14, 2010

I would like to say that I have some elaborate excuse for neglecting to post over the past three months, but this is simply not the case. This spring I fell prey to the demanding graduate school schedule and found it hard to think of interesting things to write on portraitoftwo when my days were consumed with grueling dissections and painful administrations of e-stim therapy.

This evening, after two glasses of wine and 3 episodes of private practice (I have already kicked myself for this), I actually went back through the posts of 2008 and 2009 and realized what a joy it has been to share pieces of our life on this blog. So this is my official apology for a nearly 4 month sabbatical. I will try to be more consistent.

To play catch up a bit...

I have finished my second semester of school and Adam is scurrying to submit final papers and assignments before he begins his internship at the NIH for the summer. Though we will both be working hard through the duration of the summer, we have high hopes for an adventurous summer in DC. It is slightly hard to swallow that 1 year ago we were preparing to embark on our ridiculously wonderful western road trip. C'est la vie.

I returned from 6 days in Chattanooga where I spoiled myself with pedicures and mother's baked goods while helping my parents to settle into their new home. In preparation for my brother's wedding later this month, we spent hours looking through old photos in an effort to make a slideshow for the rehearsal dinner. The following are a small collection of our favorites.





Now I am back in DC with two more days to spoil myself with extra sleep and no to-do lists. Ideas for tomorrow: garage sale hunting, sunbathing, and homemade pizza baking.

1 comment:

deni said...

I love reading your blog. Hope you had a great break, and can't wait to see you soon! love you xo