Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Friday, August 20, 2010

Deep Creek Lake

Spent several relaxing days at Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland with the Richards family. We were so thankful for the time to relax together and have some fun with the family. It slows my heart rate to know that the only thing on the agenda is a morning on the front porch with a cup of coffee and a Kingsolver book followed by a walk or perhaps a little paddle boating on the lake. I have looked forward to these precious couple of weeks for the entire summer.


We are blessed to be a part of this family:)

A morning of boarding around the lake.

Morning on the porch...perhaps my favorite activities of all time.

Appetizers, craft brew, and card tricks

A dangerous but successful attempt at lighting the grills without matches.

1 comment:

deni said...

it was a beautiful time together. We loved it. love, xo