Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Friday, September 10, 2010

We are home from the wonderfulness of seeing family and friends during the two weeks that I had off from class and Adam had in between work and the beginning of school. I cannot tell you how precious the time was that we had to be home in Chattanooga.

Every time I go home, I am reminded of how blessed I am to be so in love with my family. I am thankful for the mornings, afternoons and evenings spent communing on the front porch or battling it out over an intense game of ping pong...the delicious meals we shared with fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden....the cuddle time I had with my beautiful little sister who amazes me with her joy and enthusiasm for life and for loving others....watching my dad and Adam slave away building a fabulous chicken coop where we anticipate gathering many delicious eggs from in the coming years....

It was hard to come home to DC and to leave so many people that I love. It was hard to face the reality of a new semester with the demands of late night studies and caffeine over doses. However, despite feeling the ache of saying goodbyes, I am excited for my new classes, reunion with friends, moving into our new home, and continuing to find our place in this beautiful city where we dwell.

Quite the team at work brewing a pale ale to be enjoyed this fall!


Skyping with Anna who we missed terribly this week!

Dad and Pat at work laying beds in the garden.


A little early birthday celebration for Susie Q who will be 12 in Sept!!!


I love these two more than I can say.

This photo is a reenactment of our christmas photo about 10 years ago.

No comments: