Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Headed Home

Just sitting in the Nashville airport reflecting on the past week I have had to spend with family and dear friends on my spring break. I thought I would make a quick post but will admit that I am mildly distracted/alarmed by the mouse that I just spotted in the airport lounge...lovely. I think I will put away my trader joe's muffin and pick my feet up off the floor:)

Moving on.

The first half of the break was spent with my sweet mama in Sarasota where we enjoyed some much needed time together. All of the sunshine, good food, delicious wine, etc. was wonderful but it was mainly just the time together that was so meaningful.





After catching my fair share of FL rays (though I am still a pasty white:), I headed up to Chattanooga to spend 24 packed hours with my dad, brother, and sister. It was quick, but so fun to get some time with these three.



And lastly, I headed up to Nasvhille for the annual reunion with my dear dear high school friends. I can't imagine what life would be without these precious friends. Fun new addition this year is Baby Reecelyn that will be born to Tay and Joel sometime in early June. It is amazing to think of how long we have all known each other and all that we have been through over the years. I am thankful for the steadfastness of these friendships and I cherish every moment I have with these girls.





And now I am headed home. Looking forward to reuniting with Adam and enjoying a week at home together while he enjoys his spring break. I am so thankful for the people in my life that make it so sweet.

No comments: