Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return. - Mary Jean Iron

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Man, I have been so consumed by new classes, new friends, and new places, I have neglected to write an update.

We are fully in the swing of things here with the average day proceeding as follows:

5:45 am Wake up
6:45 am Bike to Metro
7:30 am Get a little exercise in before class
9:00 am Class
5:00 pm Finish class and hop on the Metro
Study back to back in our office for several hours with an occasional break for an episode of "the office".
11:00 pm Sleep

That might sound over the top or you might be rolling your eyes and thinking "get over it," but we are actually having a lot of fun as we stumble through our new routine. We could not be more thankful to be able to spend our time studying what we love, regardless of the stress it may bring.

Having bragged about how busy we are, its probably time to move on to more exciting updates... The wonderful Peggy La (aka Mom or Pegster) came to town this past week for my White Coat Ceremony at GWU. I have officially taken the oath of a life of service in the health arena:)



Mom, Adam and I spent a lot of time roaming the Capitol, visiting monuments, eating yummy food and doing just about everything but cracking the books. It was great to have a distraction for a few days and have time to show her around our new home. We are so blessed to be a quick plane flight away from family and we fully intend on taking advantage of this.


In search of some peanut m&ms on the Mall.




No comments: